Ode to My Neighbors

We are moving.

It’s sad to think we’re leaving this beautiful neighborhood where Cale and I first lived together, where we got Piglet, I started writing, Cale went to school, and where we met Amanda and Justin, our amazing neighbors.

I’m sure it’s the Southern Hospitality thing, but as of yet, I have never met another person who every single time they say, “Hey, how are you, today?” I genuinely feel they want to know how I am. Every single time. I swear, I could sit down and spill my life and they both would sit with me and actually, honestly care.  It’s a pretty incredible gift to have been given these two wonderful people as our neighbors for the past year.

Plus, Cale and I have both always known that if the house was burning down, one of them would break out a window and save the dogs. ;)

Yes, this isn’t actually an ode because isn’t an ode a poem? I don’t know. But I do know that I don’t write poetry; I’m terrible at it.

Anyway, thanks for the past year, guys. We’re going to miss you.

9 thoughts about "Ode to My Neighbors"

• Christine Murray says:

Moving on is always bitter sweet. Best of luck with the move :)

• Krispy says:

Good luck with the move, and I hope you find new awesome neighbors too!

• The East Coaster says:

Awww, good luck with the move!

• Kate Larkindale says:

Having moved more times than I can count (one year, I moved house 10 times), I know what you're going through. But just remember, you'll find new friends amongst your new neighbors.

• Deana says:

Aww, that stinks to have made such great friends and then you have to move. One good thing is you can keep the friends and create new experiences. I love moving and hate it at the same time. Got to love those bitter sweet moments in life.

Are you moving out of state?

• Juliana L. Brandt says:

You guys are all so great! It is hard to be moving, but it's also exciting at the same time :)

Deana- we're in limbo right now, staying with relatives. Cheap on the rent but stressful not knowing what's happening next. Hopefully I'll be able to post soon about where we're ending up!

• Deana says:

Yes do let us know. I am very aware of the stress of living with relatives. My family is living in my parents basement while we are trying to sell our house in Alabama so I know all about that. Good luck!

• Juliana L. Brandt says:

Aww, we're state neighbors! Or at least your house is.

Where are you guys now?

• Deana says:

Oh really? I love Alabama, but we are in Kentucky now. We miss it there.