I Am Not J.K. Rowling

This is a conversation I had with Cale after we saw the last HP movie this afternoon. I hope it makes you guys feel better, like it did me.

Juliana: I feel a bit melancholy now that Harry Potter is over.

Cale: So do I.

Juliana: Is it bad if I’m a little depressed to know that I’ll probably never write a book like Harry Potter.

Cale: No, I knew that I’d never play like Zinadine Zidane but I could play like Roy Keane. I could be a grinder and work my ass off. I could play with passion and get stuck in. You may not be JK Rowling but you can still be a great author who writes great books.

Juliana: :)

Zidane is one of the best players to play the beautiful game and J.K. Rowling is one of the best writers to come along, but there have to be other players and writers who make up the rest of the field, and honestly, I’m okay with being one of those other writers. I’m thankful I live in a time when I am able to read Rowling’s genius and even more thankful that I can write the stories that I have in me. I hope you all are too!

* As a note, Cale played soccer in college and the PDL (semi-pro) but was forced out due to injuries, so he does know what he’s talking about. He is a constant source of support as I try to get into the writing business since he can relate with his soccer experiences.

9 thoughts about "I Am Not J.K. Rowling"

• Anne-Mhairi Simpson says:

A support system is imperative. It sounds like you hit the jackpot with yours! And you're right. The #1 spot might be taken, but every other number from #2 down is still available. And let's face it, we all have to put the work in, even JK. You get out what you put in, it's only a matter of time.

• K.V. Briar says:

Awww, so cute! Cale sounds like a winner, what an awesome person so have in your corner.

PS: I'm sooooo sad that the HP books/movies are over. J.K. Rowling is brilliant, she's one of a major reason why I love reading as much as I do. I wonder if she'll ever write another series. *fingers crossed*.

• Misty Provencher says:

Crazy girl. I say we storm the building, dig trenches and become THE Julianna, THE Misty, The whoever else wants to be THE. There's only one JK, one Juliana, one Misty…what's to say we are not equal in our greatness? All in our amazingly different ways~

• Alleged Author says:

Awww. I sometimes feel sad because there's no way I'll be a JK Rowling, but I agree with Misty. We are all amazing in our different ways, and maybe, someday, someone will aspire to be one of us. A girl can dream, no? :)

• Michelle Fayard says:

Hi, Juliana,

I just realized something our bios have in common. We're both Northern Southerners. :) I started off in Chicago then moved with my parents to the mid-South. With my husband I lived for half a decade on the Mississippi Gulf Coast; we were working at the Seabee base in Gulfport at the time. And my dad was a Louisiana man.

Michelle

I've left a reply to your comment at http://michellefayard.blogspot.com/2011/07/versatile-blogger-award-given-forward.html.

• Juliana L. Brandt says:

Michelle- that's awesome! We're so similar :)

• Ahmad says:

I see you share interesting things here, you can earn some additional cash, your
    blog has big potential, for the monetizing method, just search in google – K2 advices how to
    monetize a website

• Lavina says:

I read a lot of interesting content here. Probably you spend
    a lot of time writing, i know how to save you a lot of time, there is an online tool that creates readable, google
    friendly posts in seconds, just search in google – laranitas free content source

• I don’t really agree with that Twin. It would be a blow to Alex without a doubt, but he has shown repeatedly he is able to take such blows and come back from them. I don’t think he is a “fold the tent’s” kind of guy.