Ponies!

Rebecca Enzorย of Stickynote Stories is hosting a My Little Ponies contest and everyone should go check it out!

The contest is to make a pony based on one of your own characters and the prize is to have the pony actually made! Eee!

I got so into the contest I ended up making three ponies:

My Little Pony

Jacob

Jacob is nice and tan because he lives in the desert. I’m in the middle of this WIP and don’t want to give too much away, but I will tell you that Jacob’s job has a lot to do with death- check out that cutie mark. ๐Ÿ˜‰

My Little Pony

Kira

Kira is Jacob’s leading lady. She too lives in the desert, but she burns easily and doesn’t have that nice tan skin that Jacob does. She has the North Star for a cutie mark because she knows the stars like the back of her hand and uses them to navigate during the night. She’s one mournful girl who needs a little happy in her life (cue Jacob).

My Little Pony

Farrah

This beauty is Farrah, the main character of my fantasy YA. She lives in a mountain (hence the cutie mark and pale skin). She’s one tough cookie and takes her life and job very seriously (she’s a bodyguard for the prince).

So, which one do you guys like? Which one do you think I should use in the contest??

(p.s. I stole the poll idea fromย Beth Revisย who has some amazing ponies up on her blog too, go check ’em out.)

Also, I just found out I won second place inย Rachael Harrie’sย flash fiction contest- the first part of her Campaigner Challenge. Y’all should have heard me squealing when I found out. I’m ridiculously proud of that piece. She’s now my favorite and all my other WIPs are jealous. ๐Ÿ˜€

22 thoughts about "Ponies!"

• Sophia Chang says:

Team Jacob 4 Life!!

Oh wait. Wrong Jacob. (Looks just like him, though…)

Farrah is perfect! This is such a hard choice for me – usually I have to support the ethnic one, but you've nailed Farrah spot on with those eyes lol.

• 6 juillet 2012An interesting dialogue is price comment. I believe that you must write extra on this matter, it might not be a taboo topic but usually people are not sufficient to talk on such topics. To the next. Cheers

• Rick-The FMCSA currently does not have a way to indicate why the driver was listed as “disqualified” in the inspection. The FMCSA is looking at how they would address operating-while-suspended license violations when the underlying violation is not safety related (e.g. child support, parking fines, taxes). They are looking at how they would update their software to allow differentiation between safety and non-safety related license suspensions.Obviously, we’ll keep you updated as we hear more!

• Jess says:

I came to congratulate you on your Campaign Challenge triumph, but I got distracted by your adorable ponies. ๐Ÿ˜‰ (But really, congrats! It's such a great piece!)

• E.R. King says:

I voted for Kira because she's pink, and all my ponies were pink. : )

• Deana says:

I'm squeeing with you Juliana! That is so awesome and you did such a good job!!!

• Jaye Robin Brown says:

Awesome ponies. I was drawn to Farrah's 'tude.

• Margo Berendsen says:

I'm in your YA/MG campaigner group and ashamed I'm still getting around to visiting everyone ๐Ÿ™ but you have another new follower now! Read your winning entry and I do like Grrump and his bossy charge ๐Ÿ™‚ I like that you can tell a lot about a character from a pony's beauty mark – the death's head definitely won me over ๐Ÿ™‚

• rebeccaenzor says:

First, congrats on winning Second in the Campaign Challenge! That's so awesome ๐Ÿ˜€

Second: you can enter all three ponies (as a group) but can only receive one as a custom ๐Ÿ™‚ So feel free to enter all three as part of your book!

• JJ Toner (euclid) says:

Couldn't decide, so I didn't vote.

Kira knows the stars like the back of her hand. Shouldn't that be her hoof?

• Elana Johnson says:

Nice ponies. I'll admit that I'm not this huge animal lover, but cartoons I can handle. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Also, I think you won POSSESSION, yeah? Congrats on the win! And can you email me your mailing address so I can send it out? Thanks!

• Krispy says:

I heard about this contest because of Beth Revis' pony poll! Haha. Yours are awesome too.

Congrats on the 2nd place! I'll have to go find the entry and check it out. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Laura Barnes says:

Hey, girl. I gave you two awards on my blog today.

• Angela Scott says:

Awesome ponies! They look great. How did you make them?

Congrats on the contest! Way to go!

• Chemist Ken says:

Congratulations on your award. I was too pressed for time (translation: lazy) to submit an entry myself. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll be sure to post something about castles soon.

• Cheryl Reif says:

Congrats on your award! I have this thing against flash fiction, since all my stories end up wanting to be novels :), so I skipped the first challenge–but I did enter the second!

I voted for Jacob because ilikedthe contrast between the innocent smile and the skull/crossbones on his flank. These were fun!

• Angela Wallace says:

Love Farrah. =D

• Lissa says:

It was really hard to choose a favourite but I ended up voting for Farrah.

• lizakane.me says:

Aw, I love the Farrah pony, and actually, love the story behind all three of these characters!

• The Blogger Girlz says:

Jacob is so cute: innocent with a dash of danger.

-Aaron