Two Years Ago, Yesterday

Yesterday passed, uneventfully.

Last year, Dad send me flowers.

The year before that, I was in the hospital from a car accident.

Yesterday was any day. No one mentioned the accident, no one thought about it except for me, but I think of it every day so that wasn’t unique. I only realized it was November 30th when I was already an hour into my drive to work. I considered posting the short story I wrote with the vague memories I have, but it didn’t seem important.

Today, I realized that next year, even I may not think of it. That would be nice.

I hope you all had an uneventful yesterday. That it passed and you won’t ever think of it again, or if it was eventful, it was because you got ‘the call’ and you’ll celebrate it forever on.

Happy December 1st 🙂

11 thoughts about "Two Years Ago, Yesterday"

• Susanna says:

Oh, my. It sounds like it was bad. I hope everything is better now, and that one of these years something wonderful will happen on November 30 to replace your painful memories.

• I echo Susanna’s sentiment–may new, good memories comfort you.

• Kelley Lynn says:

I’m so glad you’re okay! Here’s to hoping next year is equally uneventful

• I’m glad it’s getting easier for you. But at the same time I think it’s great you can reflect back and see how blessed you are.
    And I would love to read your short story about it sometime.

• Hi Julianna,
    I’ve given you an award on my blog.
    Richard

• Tanya Reimer says:

What a touching post. I had a day like that that changed my life this year. Funny how all time is now measured from THAT DAY. Hugs. ps- love the new site!

• Carrie-Anne says:

I hope your car accident wasn’t too bad. I had my 8th anniversary of getting run over by a car this past August, and had 7 surgeries because of it, four on the leg and three plastic surgeries to remove burn scars.

Thank you, everyone, for your kind comments. You all are so wonderful =D

• Angela Scott says:

I’m sorry to hear of the accident and hope that everything is okay now–or heading in that direction.

When I was 16, me and three of my closest friends were in a massive rollover accident. I was thrown from the car and the car almost landed on top of me (I wouldn’t be here if it had made one more rotation). I don’t remember anything of the night though I was conscious. I have bits and pieces of that come to memory, but most everything I know is because someone told me what happened.

For a few years it stayed with me. I was terrified to drive and any sudden jerky movement gave me fits.

But 24 yrs later (crap I’m old) I hardly remember that day at all. Every once in awhile I will get together with those same friends (we all lived amazingly) and someone might mention it.

Our lives will be full of those kind of moments–some good, some not so much. And with time, those kind of moments take on different meanings.

I wish you the best,my friend. I hope my comment even makes sense. I’m starting to think it doesn’t–rambling without reason.

• Cortney says:

Sorry to hear about your accident, though it sounds like you’re making good progress about it. I think things like that we never fully forget, but they are just pieces of our lives that make us who we are. 🙂

• Oh that’s so sad, I hope one year it passes you by. I was the same when Ayrton Senna died, it took me about ten years not to remember on the day he died. Only a few hard core F1 people remembered. Time really does heal. Take care!