C is for Connection

Every once in a while, I’m completely struck by how connected we are. It’s like six degrees of separation boiled down to one.

Last week, I was perusing Rachel Frost’s blog and Bam! there’s Jack Flacco hanging out in the comments. I headed over to Emily R. King’s blog and Bam! turns out Janice Foy designed her awesomesauce blog. I Β log onto Twitter and Bam! Sophia’s talking with everyoneΒ on there.

It’s crazy and sort of blows my mind and I’m pretty much in love with it. We’re all connected πŸ™‚

What do you think of our connections? How has blogging made it easier for you all to see how connected we are?

14 thoughts about "C is for Connection"

• It’s quite amazing,isn’t it? I enjoy it too.

• ChemistKen says:

It works both ways for me. Sometimes it makes me feel connected. Sometimes it makes me feel isolated when I see how well everyone else seems to be connected.

• It is pretty cool! I tried to separate people in Google Reader by how I knew them (like Rachel Harrie’s campaign, etc) but then everyone started to overlap! πŸ™‚

• Angela Scott says:

I LOVE to connect with people! I love it even more when someone I have connected with online I end up meeting in person–such a small world.

I’m grateful for the wonderful connections I have made (Juliana) and I look for opportunities to make more. We’re not so far apart from one another–not if we look hard enough πŸ™‚

• Rachel Frost says:

I love that connection. It’s always fun when I meet someone through blogging and see that they’re talking to the same people that I am. πŸ™‚ It’s kind of incredible.

• Jay Noel says:

It’s mind “bloggling.” (Ha, I crack myself up). And I still correspond with bloggers going back seven years. Just amazing.

• Jack says:

We need Kevin Bacon here! lol

I find the same thing. It’s fun to see people I know all over the internet. It makes for a real blast when connecting with them on different platforms!

• Love my blog connections! ☺ My sister was in St. Thomas a couple of weeks ago and met someone who worked with her husband. Turns out he’s a distant cousin. VERY small world that’s quite connected. Great ‘C’ post. Looking forward to reading more. Happy Tuesday! ☺

• Candace Gauger says:

It definitely makes it easier to stay connected with old friends and new ones. You never know who you’ll chat with.

#atozchallenge

• TL Conway says:

For me, it started with participating in Rachel Harrie’s campaign group (I think that’s where you and I met!), but between that and two A-Z challenges plus the Nathan Bransford forums… yeah, we all start to overlap sooner or later! But I’d have it no other way!

• PencilGirl says:

So true! It’s happened to me too. I’d just ‘discover’ an awesome new blog, and guess what? Just about everyone I know is there already! πŸ˜€
    Also, all of these connections has made it possible for me to glimpse the entire world from my room. It’s incredible- Friends in the US, in Canada, in Australia, in Japan, in the UK, in South Africa, the list goes on. And all without ever having stepped a toe out of India.
    Loved your C post! πŸ™‚ Thanks for dropping by my blog, and Happy A to Zing! πŸ˜€

• Sophia Chang says:

HAHAHAHA am I the Sophia? (link’s broken πŸ™ )
    I’ve been feeling so cheered by all the blog mention love I’m getting this week – I literally have been crying for 3 days. I know I’m so lame and emo :P. But with all these gal love going around it’s hard not to be happy again πŸ™‚

• Faith says:

It’s always fun to see how someone you know from a blog or Twitter or whatnot knows someone else, who knows someone else you know… it’s weird, how small the writing community actually is online. πŸ™‚

• Cara says:

What a wonderful entry! And so true.

As writers, we seem to do what we know best through blogging. Talking and getting everything out there in the open. Sharing our writing and talking about our experiences.

And we love to read as well, and one of the fun things to do when we do is socialize and read what other writers have to say. And so we end up running into each in places we never thought we would before.

Cara